Roofing projects can often be large investments in a buildings integrity, and we know that. We will work hand in hand with you and your insurance carrier. Our team has years of experience assisting in the claims process and even on the roof top assisting the adjuster while looking at possible damage sustained.
We know that working with insurance companies can be confusing and complex, which is why we are here to help.
We Know What Will Be Covered
Fishing for work is not what we do. If we suggest that you file an insurance claim for damage to your property, it means that there is indeed damage to your property. We’re not about playing games with insurance claims. If you don’t need to file a claim, we don’t want to waste your time and energy on doing so.
We Know How The Insurance Companies Think
We not only are experienced as roofing contractors, but we’ve gone through training to be an insurance adjustors. This means we know what your insurance company is looking for when they come out to inspect your roof. You have homeowners insurance for a reason, and roofing claims can be a big deal. We want to help you efficiently and effectively get the coverage you need.
We Want To Be Your Advocate
When you file an insurance claim, please let us know! We want to be available to the insurance adjustor to answer questions or point out and explain what issues we found. In the same way you wouldn’t go to court without an attorney; don’t file an insurance claim until you have your trusted roofing contractor at your side.
What Does The Process Look Like?
- If you believe you have sustained damaged to your roof, contact Roofing Outfitters to verify the damage. We may then recommend that you contact your home owners insurance company to start the claims process. You may contact your local agent or call the 1-800 number for your carrier.
- The initial call taker will need your basic information and a basic description about the damage.
- You will receive a second call from the insurance adjuster who will be inspect your roof. He/She will schedule the inspection. It’s always recommended that you have your roofing contractor present at this inspection.
- After the claim is processed, you will typically receive a percentage of your claim money within 10-15 days of the inspection. The check is often made out to you and your mortgage company, which means you’ll need to work with them to get it endorsed. We work with our clients to get these signatures if you need help.
- If you have questions about what an adjuster included on their report, or feel you should be entitled to more money based on the work needed, don’t hesitate to talk to us. We are happy to help you negotiate and talk to your insurance company.
- Upon completion of the roofing project, we will invoice your insurance company for the balance, and collect the original check or reimbursement for that check if you’ve already deposited it.
- We will then provide you with a completion certificate and manufacturer’s as well as workmanship warranty information.