As a homeowner, you may not think about your roof until you need to. We’d like to keep it that way. The reality is that your roof is an important investment in the long-term value of your home and your quality of life. Our passion is in helping to educate homeowners so they may make effective decisions about their roofs.
Sometimes it isn’t necessary to replace the entire roof and that’s not something you will hear often in the roofing industry. Sometimes, the best thing is to do a repair on a small section of the roof. At Roofing Outfitters we do roofing repairs when needed and we will not suggest that you replace your roof unless it’s absolutely necessary.
Sometimes you can resolve an issue with a simple roof repair, but we all know that at some point roofs need to be replaced. Although you may not have leaks or obvious damage, it may still be a good idea to replace it based on the age and other factors. We have a large selection of high quality materials and roofing options for when that need arises.
How To Know If Your Roof Needs Love:
- Interior Water Damage – If you see evidence of water leaking through your ceilings or walls, you probably have some major issues going on with your roof.
- Missing Shingles – Needing roof repairs does not mean that you need to replace the entire roof, but it could be a sign that your roof is starting to fail. It’s a good reason to get a roofing contractor out to see what’s going on with the roof at large.
- Ice Damming – If you notice ice damming at the eaves near your gutters, you probably have irregular melting zones on your roof, which means there is something going on within the roof structure. This can be addressed by changing the way the roof is ventilated.
- Hail Damage – Hail storms can compromise your roof’s integrity by damaging the asphalt matting. If you have had one or more storms during the life of your roof, you might want to have it looked at.
What To Watch For:
We get it…sometimes the roof is the last thing you focus on within your home.
- After a snow, pay attention to how the snow melts on your roof. Is the snow on the roof consistently melting from the sun at the same rate as the snow on the eaves of your roof, it should be?
- Are you seeing ice damming or build up of snow or water in one spot of your roof?
- How do the penetrations look? Ventilation pipes for HVAC, plumbing and hot water are some common items that penetrate a roof. These areas are more susceptible to wear and tear from weather, UV rays, house movement and are areas where problems can start.
- Do you see shingles missing for loose?
- Do you see water coming through your ceiling, how about water marks or stains?
- Have a licensed roofing contractor out to your home to inspect your roof every 2-5 years if your roof is in good shape. Have a roofing contractor out yearly if you know your roof is getting closer to the end of its life.
Its always good to know the condition of your roof. Inspections are always free of charge. Go ahead, gift yourself that peace of mind.
Join the Roofing Outfitters’ Roof Scout Program.
Helping Homeowners Always Be Prepared
What is it?
The Roof Scouts is a free signup for a yearly inspection of your roof. Our experienced technicians perform an inspection at no cost to you. We’ll provide you with a report on the condition of your roof.
How Does It Work?
All you have to do is signup HERE and we will take care of the rest. Our team will call or email you to schedule a convenient time for us to come out. In most situations, you don’t even need to be present, unless you want to be. We’ll email you a copy of our report for your records and be available to answer any questions if you need additional work. You’ll be automatically reminded every year for your annual roof inspection. Your email and any info provided will never leave our office. We don’t fill your inbox either, its only for communication between Roofing Outfitters and you the property owner.